I love butterflies. I found this technique very useful to use up your scraps of cardstock. On this card I used the stamp from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set.
- The base of my card is Whisper White Cardstock. I attached the Pacific Point Cardstock to the Whisper White with Snail adhesive.
- I used my Corner Rounder Punch to round all 4 corners of the Whisper White Cardstock (top piece) and the Soft Suede Cardstock. I attached the Soft Suede Cardstock over the Pacific Point Cardstock.
- On a scrap Whisper White Cardstock I stamped 2 small butterflies from the Papillon Potpourri Stamp Set, one in Crisp Cantaloupe and one in Soft Suede. I punched them both out with the Bitty Punch. Place them on the side until later.
- Stamp one of the Thank you stamps from the Another Thank You Photopolymer Stamp Set on the left side of the cardstock. I like the one with the row of hearts under the words.
- Take the Elegant Butterfly Punch and punch out a large butterfly from the Whisper White Cardstock (top piece). I punched it out on a slight angle.
- I put Dimensionals on the back of this Whisper White Cardstock and attached it on a slight angle on top of the Soft Suede. Tip…I used Dimensionals around the butterfly as well as around the outside edge of the cardstock. This way your paper will not sag in the middle. You will probably even want to add one or two dimensions behind where the thank you is stamped as well.
- Stamp a large butterfly on a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock and punch it out with the Elegant Butterfly Punch. Take this punched out butterfly, add Snail to the back and place it over the cut out on the front of your card. Carefully push it through so it sticks to the Soft Suede. Now you have a pretty design popping through the butterfly. But you can not tell. It appears to be a larger piece of paper behind the punched out butterfly but you will know that it is the butterfly itself. Nifty!
- Add the 2 earlier punched out butterflies. Place a glue dot in the middle of the body of each butterfly and place on card front. Add the embellishments…button and to Candy Dots. I used a button that Stampin’ Up! doesn’t sell any longer. So in the product section below I selected buttons that are currently available and will match this card.
What you need to create this card…
The easy way to shop! Click on images below for more details or add to your order.