I just loved creating this card. It was so quick and easy.
First, I created the base of the card:
- I used the big circle design from the Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper. I love this paper; it is so versatile. I then attached it to the Island Indigo Cardstock with snail adhesive.
- I used Whisper White Cardstock and the Hexagon Hive Thinlit Die (with a sheet of wax paper between the two) to create this lovely and useful effect by running them through my Big Shot. (In some instances, the die may not cut though the paper cleanly; if this is the case, you can simply run it through the Big Shot an additional time or two, and you will be able to push the hexagon shapes out with ease.)
Then I created the words and the completed the design:
- I used the Sassy Salutations Stamp Set to stamp the words onto more Whisper White, and then used the Banner Framelits Die to cut the banner out. I sponged the edge of the banner with the Crushed Curry Classic Ink Pad to give it a fancy edge.
- To make the butterflies, I used the Bitty Butterfly (for the smaller butterflies) Elegant Butterfly Punch (for the larger butterfly) and sponged the edges to make them pop right off the card. I attached them to the card with Mini Glue Dots. You can follow the color used on the card or substitute your own.
- To finish the design, I added the Rhinestone Basic Jewels to add that oh-so-critical sparkle to the card. Don’t forget to use two stones to dot each “i” in the word “thinking”!
• Sassy Salutations Stamp Set
• Whisper White Cardstock
• Island Indigo Cardstock
• Daffodil Delight Cardstock
• Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper Stack
• Island Indigo Classic Stampin’ Pad
• Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Pad
Stampin’ Up! Accessories
• Big Shot
• Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die
• Banner Framelits Die
• Elegant Butterfly Punch
• Bitty Butterfly Punch
• Rhinestone Basic Jewels
• Sponge Daubers
• Glue Dots
The easy way to shop! Click on images below for more details or add to your order.