This is a great card for the guys in your life. I always find it challenging to create for men, because I love flowers and bright colors, and that’s not exactly the taste palette of your regular man. This card is quick and easy to make. Even better, the new background makes this card pop! Here’s how you can do it too!
- Ink the Hardwood stamp with Soft Suede ink and stamp it on the Pool Party Cardstock.
- Stamp the row of trees from Lovely as a Tree Stamp Set on the Very Vanilla Cardstock.
- Dip the Sponge Dauber in the Pool Party Ink and softly sponge it on the card over the trees. Do this in a line to highlight the trees only.
- Once the shading is to your preference, attach the Very Vanilla Cardstock to the Soft Suede Cardstock, and attach this new piece to the Pool Party Cardstock. (Hint: I like to place the trees a bit closer to the top of the card instead of middle because it shows more of the lovely wood background).
- Using the Happy Birthday stamp from the Itty Bitty Banners Stamp Set, stamp the words onto the paper. Then use the Big Shot with the Bitty Banners Framelits Die to punch out the words. Attach the cut-out to the card with the dimensional.
- As the finishing touch, attach a brown button to the end of the Happy Birthday banner with a glue dot and criss-cross the center of the button with Linen Thread. The brown button has a wonderful dual earth tone that adds just the right hint to this card. (I love the Natural Design Buttons and find that I can use them in so many projects.)
- Viola… you now have an awesome masculine card. And don’t tell your man but you can give it to a girl too.
What you need to create this card…
The easy way to shop! Click on images below for more details or add to your order.