I created a set of cards for a friend’s birthday gift. She enjoys Starbucks so I thought this stamp set and designer series papers were a “Perfect Blend”!
I decided that I wanted to make 6 cards, one for each color of the Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper (DSP). Since Stampin’ Up! has gorgeous double sided paper I was able to incorporate all the colors /designs into the 6 cards.
- I stamped the coffee travel cup in Jet Black Stazon Ink on a Post-It Note and cut it out. Next I stamped the coffee travel cup on the base of my card. Tip…I used a Post-It Note because it stays put and lifts without leaving any mess behind.
- I placed the cut out Post-It Note cup over the stamped cup on the base of my card. Then I stamped another cup slightly up to the right and over it. This way it appears that one cup is in front of the other.
- On another Post-It Note I stamped the cup again but this time I’m only interested in the middle of the cup…the wrapper. I place the cut out Post-It Note on to the Polka Dot Parade DSP and cut out 2 of each color. Tip…don’t forget to turn the DSP over and cut out the second cup wrapper so it will line up with the stamped cup on your card.
- You will notice that you will need to trim the wrapper for the cup that is hiding behind the first one. Adhere the wrappers to the card with Snail.
- Lastly, I stamped the words from the stamp set on the bottom right of the cardstock. There are two saying so I decided to stamp 3 cards with one saying and 3 cards with the other.
Now you created your first card. Repeat the above except the Post-It Note cut outs, you can reuse this for all the 6 cards. When I’m done I usually save the Post-It Note in the box with the stamp set so I can reuse in the future. I stamped the envelope too. I loved the way they all came out.
What you need to create this card…
The easy way to shop! Click on images below for more details or add to your order.